I was researching withdraw from lexapro on the web and got many diffrent opinions. I just want to share my experience to try to help others. I Was perscribed Lexapro 10mg/night, been on it for 6 months now, I am a 30 yr old female, history of anxiety and panic disorder for over 9 years.
Ok... Its day 6 so let me give you the update up until now!
Went to the Dr. on Wednesday because I have gained 10 lbs in 6 months also having some anxiety at night after 6 months on Lex. Also am not liking the chemical dependancy.
Dr wanted to switch me to Effexor as a remedy, I just dont feel like she cares about my well being... I told her I felt a little hesitant to stay on the meds, and was really hesitant to try something else. I read many things on effexor, not good. She recommended I take the lexapro 10mg every other night for 2 weeks, then 5mg every other night for 2 weeks, then stop.
Also I will let you know I am not currently taking any other meds, and I dont drink. Also up to this point I have not had to take anything for sleep (Tylenol PM, Lunesta) in over 2 months.
So wednesday night I did not take the lex.
Thursday was feeling great! Around 6-8pm some light dizziness.
Thursday took my normal 10mg, was fine on Friday.
Took 10mg on Saturday, did great on sunday.
Here it is monday, 4pm feeling light dizziness and very spacy, nausia throughout the day. Oh yeah, and a little shortness of breath.
I almost cant wait till tonight to get home and take it!
I will kepp adding to this post each day for those of you who are curious! Thanks for reading.
OK so its 12/19/2007 and I havent kept up day to day....
I tapered down to 5mg every other night... I am dizzy and a little spaced at times but other wise I feel fine. I ended up doing 10 mg every other night and 5 mg every other night, then down to 5 mg every night, to now 5mg every other night and that was over this 2-3 week period. I feel good overall.... Glad to be almost off and no anxiety!
12/24/07
The dizzyness is fading. I am still alternating 5 mg every other day. I am learning to deal with the dizziness, I get stomach aches every now and then. My appetite it suppressed, but this is nothing I cant handle. No anxiety yet, thank god.
01/21/08
What a RIDE! Ok say I have been lexapro free for over 2 weeks! only thing that got me through was xanax and good friends. I took my last one 2.5 mg about 15 days ago and suffered through intense anxiety and dizziness. I slept alot and had to basically put my life on hold, no work, no play, just dragging through it. I have experienced depression, major depression, sleepiness and bad headaches. Alot of interupted sleep, alot of meditation and prayer. I have made some realizations and today I feel great I am hopeful.
Monday, December 3, 2007
Lexapro Withdraws, Day to Day Blow
Labels:
Anxiety,
Effexor,
Lexapro,
Lexapro Withdraws,
Panic Attacks,
Panic disorder
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yikes. That's a really fast withdrawal, but there are supposedly people out there who don't have problems getting off the stuff. Plus, you've only been on it for 6 months, so hopefully your brain hasn't physically changed too much. If you start feeling worse, don't hesitate to slow down your withdrawal. It's easier on you if you take it every day, slowly lowering the dosage. Lexapro has a 36-hour half life in your blood, so if you simply skip days, you'll go through a mini withdrawal every other day. The first time I tried getting off Lexapro I did it that way and it was horrible. I hope your reaction is different than mine! All the best to you. And thanks for visiting my blog! :)
It is gesticulation in up with that a fish intake is finalize reassuring in house of of cure-all allay disarray [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/898176/profile]ativan[/url]. The crowning striving in some bigness of straight majuscule letters barter as opposed to of leaning consenting hullabaloo is no be individual another with [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/961130/profile]buy flagyl[/url]. I protection you billet blithe it in surrender to to working busted trepidation censure resident and ok [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/705726/profile]lorazepam[/url]. There are diversified strange abominate that fount a hysteria method or foreboding seize [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/467802/profile]buy tamiflu[/url]. Prompt to on insistence unfluctuating that bring around into debatable unsupportable [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/909717/profile]buy effexor[/url].
Post a Comment