Saturday, August 30, 2008

Love and Hope

It is late and I am about to go to bed. I say my prayers and always do some work right before bed for my well being. I thought about the one special prayer from the Bahai writings a friend gave me some time ago and wanted to email it to another friend and so here it is...

O God! Refresh and gladden my spirit. Purify my heart. Illumine my powers. I lay all my affairs in Thy hand. Thou art my Guide and my Refuge. I will no longer be sorrowful and grieved; I will be a happy and joyful being. O God! I will no longer be full of anxiety, nor will I let trouble harass me. I will not dwell on the unpleasant things of life. O God! Thou art more friend to me than I am to myself. I dedicate myself to Thee, O Lord.

This prayer I like to call mine, although many many people may call it AA's nut I feel AA is a part of me and now I would like to share this prayer with you as well. It has helped me through many many times :)

God, I offer myself to Thee- To build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life. May I do Thy will always!

No comments: