Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Scars

Dear needle and ink,

You have poison my flesh with the suttle vibration of pain. You have painted my blank canvas all in a moment of vain. We have shared this life here for over many many years and you see me. An imprint on my mirror no longer can reflect purity, but if you look right past it you can see my insecurity. The soul lies deeper within. Blessed be the spot, but it took an army of men. You can pierce my flesh but can't take away my true gift. A loving god as I understand him, no judgement, no pain the greatest gift! Scars are but memories tied to my flesh. It is not who I am, who I want you to be. Maybe just an opportunity, for you to look past. An opportunity for them to love. To be cont.....

Paige

Is it true time heals all wounds? We are scarred with wounds of the flesh, scarred by wounds of the soul. Scarred by a loved one is just not letting go. There is a beauty in these scars, one that can't be duplicated...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hauntingly beautiful Paige..Does time heal wounds? ...Yes but perhaps each scar is a reminder of a lesson learnt, well thats what I choose to believe..