Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Daily spiritual work outs.

So I am Bahai and practice in AA. So many people have a misunderstanding of Alcoholics Ananomous. I hope by my sharing people can understand the purpose and how helpful its been in my life. And both views are so insync in my eyes its unbelievable. As a Bahai I want acceptance and peace and in AA I have a guide line that I understand which helps me to acheive that harmony within myself and to deal with life on lifes terms.

Today I am working on morning and evening prayers. Along with the Bahai writtings I also read the following prayers. One is for the morning and one in the evening.

Morning
"God direct my thinking today so that it be divorced of self pity, dishonesty, self-will, self-seeking and fear. God inspire my thinking, decisions and intuitions. Help me to relax and take it easy. Free me from doubt and indecision. Guide me through this day and show me my next step. God give me what I need to take care of any problems. I ask all these things that I may be of maximum service to you and my fellow man in the name of the Steps I pray. "

Evening
"God forgive me where I have been resentful, selfish, dishonest or afraid today. Help me to not keep anything to myself but to discuss it all openly with another person - show me where I owe an apology and help me make it. Help me to be kind and loving to all people. Use me in the mainstream of life God. Remove worry, remorse or morbid (sick) reflections that I may be of usefulness to others."

Today I know the problem is not alcohol, that is merely a symptom. My problem is not Men, that as well is also a symptom. My true problem is me. All I have to do is be willing and unafraid. Today I love myself. I love what I have accomplished. I love the talents and things that I offer. I am a good person. I couldn't ask for anything more or anything less.

For those of you on iPhones check me out on Clowdy :) Paigeroo.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm curious, what got you interested in the baha'i faith? I think that everyone is searching for answers and ultimately happiness but why this path?

Unknown said...

Why question everything. In a moment I experienced a message from something greater than us. I took that moment and am doing what I was asked to do with it. When something is good why not enjoy it? Acceptance and presence. There is no answers.